Quittintime: Bubble soakers

The entire forum is open to viewing. But you must Register if you wish to post.

Gardening >> Tools for The Gardener

Pages: 1
**DONOTDELETE**

Bubble soakers
      #7100 - Thu Aug 14 2003 03:32 AM

Hey, what happened to bubble soakers,you know, they attached to the end of a garden hose for watering plants,etc. with a gentle flow so that you could deep water your thirsty plant friends.
I have been looking around (not on the web, yet) for one like I used to have that had an adjusting knob so that you could dial in the right amount of water at the end, and even shut it off for moving around, was really cool.
Anyone know what happened to these things?

jw

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JonC

Reged: Apr 29 2002
Re: Bubble soakers [Re: Heck]
      #7109 - Sun Aug 17 2003 03:58 AM

I've got those little plastic, lever operated valves on the end of all my hoses now. Lets me adjust the flow or stop it to change connections etc. Bought a handful of them at the nursery supply place. Not sure of the brand but I can check tomarrow if you want. Cheap.

For the rest, you might want to google for a place called "Drip City". Neato catalog. I've become addicted to the cheap 1/2" thin wall poly pipe and the mini sprinkler heads.

JonC

calvinAdministrator

Reged: Apr 30 2002
Loc: NW Ohio
      #7110 - Sun Aug 17 2003 11:41 AM

James, I saw a Nelson sprinkler head yesterday at the general store. Plastic triangular shaped with volume control. Had a spike attached to stick in the ground. Or I did find this at gardeners supply. Might be what you're after. hose end or wand

--------------------
Remodeling Contractor just outside the Glass City

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Bubble soakers [Re: calvin]
      #7111 - Sun Aug 17 2003 01:21 PM

Thanks guys.
Jon, a stop valve on the end of the hose with a regular soaker end is what I have been using, and it works OK. I used to have one of the other soakers I described, made of plastic, finally degraded and broke up, now I can't find another. I wonder why useful items like this fall out of favor? I expect it's cuz it was too practical and cheap. I haven't graduated to neat watering systems with poly and sprinkler heads, sounds neat.
Cal, I can find those hose wands all over in all colors and lengths. I guess they have taken the place of my soaker end. I would actually like to have one, as I think they are pretty cool. My current watering style, however, is to trickle water from the hose at my various trees and plants to thoroughly soak them while I go about performing other chores.
Then sometimes in the evening I jump up from my chair and say 'Oh sh*t!' and then run out to turn off the water I forgot about!
Thanks for the help, I guess what I've got will work,but I will check out the sites you both provided.

Cheers,
jw

calvinAdministrator

Reged: Apr 30 2002
Loc: NW Ohio
      #7112 - Sun Aug 17 2003 04:03 PM

maybe this one?

--------------------
Remodeling Contractor just outside the Glass City

Edited by calvin (Mon Sep 01 2003 01:11 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8086

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Quittintime