Quittintime: Changes to the boards.

The entire forum is open to viewing. But you must Register if you wish to post.

Welcome >> Status

Pages: 1
LukaAdministrator

Reged: Apr 26 2002
Loc: The great NorthWet
Changes to the boards.
      #2839 - Sun Jul 21 2002 10:31 PM

We have made a few changes to the board. In case anyone has been confused, here are the changes...

1. While making posts, the ability to turn html and "markup" on and off had been left set to the default "yes". That has been changed to "no". The reason... If you don't want to use markup or html, then don't use it. It doesn't have to be used just because it is there. There is really no reason for the ability to turn it on or off anyway. It is just one more thing to click, unclick, or ignore when making posts.

2. The default view of threads has been changed from "threaded" to "flat". Reason... with the flat view, you get all the posts opened at once on the screen, and can scroll down through them and read all, without having to click on each individual post and open it separately.

I have had mine set this way from the beginning. The only times that I ever need to revert to threaded mode is when I am uncertain what post is being replied to by the post I am reading. To revert, I simply go back to the top of the page, and click on "threaded view", have a look, to figure out the dilemna, then I go back up, and revert back to flat mode. I have had to do this all of TWO times since this forum was started.

3. There was some concern voiced about the 'Pages' in a thread. eg, if a thread gets long enough to go to two pages, are there some people who are missing some posts because they dont know to look for another 'page' ?

The real ticket to solving this would be to make the forum software automaticaly show you only the new, (to you), posts in a thread, when you open that thread. I am looking into that possibility with the software designers. In the meantime, to make the problem only half as bad as it was, I have changed the default number of posts in a thread... that show up when you open that thread... from 25 posts to 50 posts.

Notes...

You can change all of the above, and more, (except turning the html/markup off/on)... by going to the link "My Home", scrolling down to the bottom of that page. Find "edit" for "Display preferences, number of shown threads, languages, colors..." Click that link, and you will find a page that will let you change many things about the way that you view this forum.

I hope that none of the changes present any problems. If you do have problems, don't hesitate to contact me.

--------------------
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~Samuel Johnson

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
markcadioliAdministrator

Reged: Apr 26 2002
Loc: Australia
Re: Changes to the boards. [Re: Luka]
      #12907 - Thu Jan 28 2010 10:50 PM

Stylesheet changed for assesment 29/1/2010

calvinAdministrator

Reged: Apr 30 2002
Loc: NW Ohio
Re: Changes to the boards. [Re: markcadioli]
      #12909 - Thu Jan 28 2010 11:04 PM

So tell me this.

Is the only change the color or is there something I'm missing because of the "tangerine" (yuk) highlights?

--------------------
Remodeling Contractor just outside the Glass City

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5181

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Quittintime