Quittintime: Lowes "tools"

The entire forum is open to viewing. But you must Register if you wish to post.

Construction >> Construction Tools

Pages: 1
Griffin12

Reged: Jun 16 2009
Loc: Tennessee
Lowes "tools"
      #12551 - Wed Jul 01 2009 10:49 PM

I am done with buying any lawn and garden tools from Lowes. I knew about how they Have good name tools and they are really second rate crap.

Two years ago the wife had to have a pressure washer so she took our tax return and went to Lowes to buy a pressure washer. She bought a Troy Bilt that worked good the first two years. when I started it this spring a piece of it on the bottom was shooting water at a seam in the metal. Now I am going to have to replace it.

What really boils me is as I was looking it I saw a sticker on it that said basically Troybilt Is owned by MTD and this pressure washer was made under license by Briggs and Stratton Power products. (wonder who really built it for Briggs?)I really knew all of this beforehand, But just letting it sink in really get me to boiling. My dad bought a Cub Cadet rider a few years ago from Lowes. It has totally sucked! Cub Cadet was a really good name years ago. I talked to a lawn mower repairman one day and he explained the real difference between them and it was amazing what a total piece of crap the Lowes Cub Cadet is. Jd and Husky have done the same things. How can once proud companies lower themselves to such prostitution?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JHOLE

Reged: Nov 09 2008
Loc: Oregon. Ohio
Re: Lowes "tools" [Re: Griffin12]
      #12556 - Thu Jul 02 2009 09:05 AM

It's driven by the consumer.

They could stand their ground and refuse to make cheap chit.

And go out of business 'cause noone would pay for the quality.

Curious if your wife would rather pay $800 for a 2500 psi washer, or $300...

You may find that if you go to a local distributor, you will have a selection of higher quality units.

Some companies try to play both sides of the street - Pella, John Deere. Rebranded chit at the box stores / quality units at distributor...

--------------------

Griffin12

Reged: Jun 16 2009
Loc: Tennessee
Re: Lowes "tools" [Re: JHOLE]
      #12557 - Thu Jul 02 2009 10:07 AM

You are right about the money. If she had gone out and paid 800.00 for a pressure washer I would have raised sand. A high quality pressure washer may be worth that, but I cannot justify that expense for no more than we would use it. I guess the abundance of cheap crap allows more people to have things they would never of had before. I guess if most of us were to take a hard look at things we own we would find out that the majority of those things were really crap.

I guess my problem is that companies are producing various lines of quality. I guess the bottom line is that you get what you pay for.

JHOLE

Reged: Nov 09 2008
Loc: Oregon. Ohio
      #12562 - Thu Jul 02 2009 10:41 PM

Bingo!

I have some rediculously expensive tools - and I have some Harbor freight stuff. But I am the master of my purchaces.

I am an educated, experienced, and forward thinking buyer - I don't cry - I usually get what I pay for...

My job is to make it work for the job/or jobs that I will need it to perform for...And fit the purchase to the need.

--------------------

retiree

Reged: Dec 31 2009
Loc: Long Island, New York
      #12809 - Thu Dec 31 2009 09:37 PM

Sounds like you let it freeze which cracked the pump. Did you empty it and add antifreeze at the end of the season?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5594

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Quittintime